书城外语我的第一本英语百科全书
3116500000063

第63章 判断句型(4)

The reason why models can have nice figure is that they eat little every meal.

模特能拥有这么好的身材是因为她们每一顿都吃得很少。

The reason why she can speak English well is that she practices oral English every day.

她的英语说这么好是因为她每天练习口语。

Tips

“that+ was/is why...”与以上句型相似,意思是“这就是……的原因”。例如:That was why I came to your meeting room.那就是我来你会议室的原因。

Lesson 128

Your problem is... 你的问题是……

“Your problem is...”是一个倒装句型, “is”是系动词,将“your problem”提前至句首,主要是为了强调,其次是由于主语有较长的修饰语,把主语放到后面,可以使句子结构更加匀称合理。“is”后面由“that”引导从句,翻译为“你的问题是……”。

征服句型

Your problem is you are too arrogant.

你的问题是你太自大了。

Your problem is that kind of clothes are not fit for you.

你的问题就是那种衣服你穿不好看。

The critical problem is we can do nothing without money.

关键的问题是没有钱我们什么都做不了。

The general manager says your problem is you are not active enough at our party.

总经理说你的问题是在我们的聚会上你不够 积极。

Your problem is nobody wants to be careful of your feelings.

你的问题是没有人想要关心你的感觉。

Tips

与“Your problem is...”相似的句型是“Your question proves that...”表示“你的问题说明……”。例如:Your question proves that you are a careless person.你的问题说明你是一个粗心大意的人。

Lesson 129

...be nothing but/nothing else than... 不是别的,而是……在“...be nothing but/nothing else than...”这个句型中,应该具体写成“主语+be nothing but/nothing else than+表语”,在此句型中“but”、“than”都有“除了”的意思。翻译为“不是别的,而是……”、“完全是”、“正是”。

征服句型

His success was due to nothing else than his efforts.

他的成功完全归功于他的努力。

That your son can enter the college is nothing else than his aunt’s help.

你儿子能上大学是靠他姑姑的帮忙。

What your teacher tells you is nothing else than practical advice.

你导师告诉你的全是实用的建议。

Plato once said: the beautiful is nothing else than the visible form of the good.

柏拉图曾经说过:美不是别的,只是善的可见形式。

This graduation party does nothing but show the profound friendship.

这个毕业晚会是为了我们深厚的友谊而办的。

Tips

与“...be nothing but/nothing else than...”相似的句型有“not..., but...”表示“不是……而是……”。例如:My daughter is not a dancer but a singer. 我的女儿不是舞者而是歌手。

Lesson 130

So far from doing...,... 非但不……,反而……在“So far from doing...,...”这个句型中,可以完整地写成“So far from doing+宾语,主语+谓语+其他”,翻译为“非但不……”。

征服句型

So far from canceling the original plan, he propagandized widely his plan.

他非但不取消原始计划,反而加大他计划的宣传力度。

So far from admitting his own mistake, he stepped up to do it.

他非但没有认识到错误,反而变本加厉地

去做。

So far from criticizing her, the president appreciated all her efforts.

校长非但没有批评她,反而感激她的努力。

So far from taking my advice, he threw away my original plan.

他非但没有接受我的意见,反而扔掉了我原始的计划。

So far from relaxing, we put on pressure.

我们非但没有放松,相反增加了压力。

Tips

有时“far from”和“instead of ”也有相似的意思。例如:Far from loving him, I hate him.与Instead of loving him, I hate him意思相似,译为“我不但不爱他反而恨他”。“So far from”与这两个短语略有不同,常放在句首。

Lesson 131

...regard as... 把……当作……

在“...regard as...”这个句型中,其后跟名词、名词短语、动名词短语、形容词等,翻译为“把……看做为”、“把……当做……”。

征服句型

Chinese regard Terra Cotta Warriors as a miracle.

中国人把兵马俑当作奇迹。

My aunt regards me as her daughter.

我姑妈把我看作她自己的女儿对待。

We regard nurse as angel in white.

我们把护士当八白衣天使。

I will be along with you forever if you regard me as your darling in your life.

如果你可以把我看作你生命中最爱的人,我将会永远和你一起。

My youngest son regards his father as idol all the time.