Both parties shall hold joint responsibilities for the performance of the contract. The basic obligations which the seller shall execute are to deliver the goods, hand over any documents relating to them and transfer the property in the goods as required by the contract. The goods that the seller must deliver are of the quantity, quality, and specifications required by the contract and are contained or packaged in the manner required by the contract.
交易双方应共同承担履行合同的义务。卖方应履行的基本义务是按合同规定支付货物、移交一切与货物有关的单据并移交货物的所有权。卖方交付的货物必须与合同所规定的数量、质量和规格相符,并按合同规定的方式装箱或包装。
质量和数量
of/in/for...quality 质量
Our products are well known for their fine quality.
我们的产品质量上乘,众所周知。
The material is absolutely of prime quality.
这种材料质量绝对优等。
We can supply woolen sweater of first class/first grade quality.
我们可以提供头等质量的羊毛衫。
Our products are superior (good/excellent) in quality.
我们的产品质量优等。
The goods have enjoyed world renown for their excellent quality.
这种货物质量上乘,世界驰名。
Our products surpass all other makers in quality while are moderate in price.
我们的产品在质量上超过了其他厂家制造的产品,而且价格适中。
Our cotton goods are of unsurpassed quality and appearance.
我们的棉织品质量和款式都属一流。
Our silk has no rival in quality in the Southeast Asia market.
我们的丝织品质量上在东南亚市场没有竞争者。
The goods are inferior in quality to your samples.
这批货物与你们的样品相比,质量低劣。
Which one is of the highest quality?
哪一种质量最好?
quality... 质量
I think the quality of domestic ones is about the same as that of imported ones, but the price is quite different.
我认为国产的和进口的质量是一样的,但是价格却差别很大。
I don t care what the price it is if only the quality is guaranteed.
只要质量有保证,我倒不在乎价格是多少。
The quality of our products is much admired in Asian market.
我们产品的质量在亚洲市场很受青睐。
The quality conforms in every respect to your requirements.
这种质量在各方面都符合你们的要求。
If the quality proves to be satisfactory, there is no question of further order.
如果质量满意,肯定要续订。
The quality of the goods you sent us is far below the sample against which we placed our order.
我们是根据样品订货,而你们发送的货物质量远远低于样品。
But the design and the quality of our products are of the first class with which few of others can compete.
但我们的产品设计和质量都属一流,无人能比。
Our television set is one of the best in the world and its quality surpasses all other models on the market.
我们的电视机是世界一流品牌,质量超过市场上其他类型的电视机。
Our commodity has always come up to the international quality standard.
我们的商品一贯符合国际质量标准。
The goods didn t come up to our quality standard.
这批货物不符合我们的质量标准。
Our brand name itself proves that our goods quality are superior.
我们的品牌本身就证明我们的货物质量是上乘的。
I believe all our products can be viewed as being top quality.
我相信我们所有的产品都能获得较高的品质评价。
quantity 数量
Could we now move on to discussing quantities?
我们现在可以接着讨论数量了吗?
Quantities would be no problem. We could probably supply the number you might require from stock.
数量不成问题。我们可以从库存中供应你们所需的数量。
We have prepared a detailed bill of quantities. Let me give everybody a copy.
我们准备了一份详细的数量单。让我发给大家人手一份。
What s the minimum quantity of an order for your goods?
对你方货物的起订量是多少?
This is the maximum quantity we can supply at present.
这是目前我们所能提供的最大数量。
Is there any quantity limitation for the import of cotton cloth from China?
从中国进口棉布有数量限制吗?
This is the minimum quantity we require.
这是我们所需要的最小数量。
This year we will increase the quantity of shirts by 1,000 pieces.
(=We can place an order for additional 1,000 shirts this year.)
(=This year we can order extra 1,000 shirts.)
今年我们可以多订1000件衬衣。
The maximum quantity of shirts we can order this year is about 2,500 pieces.
我们今年最多能订购大约2500件衬衫。
If you can t arrange for the entire quantity, please offer us at least half.
如果你们不能全数提供的话,请至少给我们半数。
May I suggest that you cut the quantity of your order by half?
我能建议你们将订购的数量减半吗?
You must issue a certificate of quantity and weight.
你们必须出具数量和重量证明书。
For such a big quantity, you should give us a discount.
对于这么大的订单你们应该给予我们折扣。
We re prepared to purchase a shipment quantity of this material.
我们准备买足一次装运数量的这种材料。
Do you offer any quantity discount?
你们提供数量折扣吗?
order 订购
How many cotton sheets are you going to order?
你们打算订购多少纯棉床单?
How much do you want to increase your order?
你方打算增加多少订购量?
We want to order 2,000 sets.
我们想订购2000套。
A small order is also welcome this year.
今年也欢迎小批量的订货。
We are not interested in small orders.
我们对小批量的订货不感兴趣。
How much will you bring the price down? If we order 1,000 units or more.
如果我们订购1000件以上,你们的价格可以降低多少?
Our standard order is 500 cases at a time.
我们的标准订量是一次500箱。
We need three times as much as we originally ordered.
我们需要原来订量的三倍。
We intend to book a trial order with you.
我们想向你方试订一批货。
We d like to place a small order for the new varieties.
我们想少量订购些新产品。
We d like to cancel the order for the goods because of the change in the home market.
由于国内行情有变化,我们打算取消此货的订单。
Is there a minimum order?
有最低订量限制吗?
We can t handle an order that small.
我们不能接受这么少的订量。
What is the minimum we would have to order?
我们至少得订多少呢?
We can t open a case to fill your order. Could you take the whole case?
我们不可能拆箱来满足你们的订量。你们能否考虑订整箱?
You would save a lot if you ordered a little more. We offer a discount for large orders.
如果你们多订一点儿的话可以省不少钱。我们对大量订购有折扣。
We have decided to place a trial order for 120 bottles of grape wine.
我们决定试订120瓶贵方的葡萄酒。
supply... 提供~
We can only supply you with 20,000 yards of pure silk.
我们只能给你提供两万码的真丝绸。
I m sorry. We can only supply you with 1,000 sets at present.
很抱歉。目前我们只能给你提供1000套。
I m afraid we aren t able to supply as much as you require.
我想我们恐怕不能供应你们需要的那么多。
There is a steady demand for this item in this market. I hope you will be able to supply more next time.
市场上对该种产品的需求很稳定。我希望你们下次能供应更多的该种产品。
additional 追加的,另外的
Can you give us an additional 200 cases?
你们能再给我们200箱吗?
We ll try our best to satisfy you with the additional 10,000 tons of coal as you asked.
你们要求增加一万吨煤,我们将尽量满足你们。
A:Hello, Mr. Tong. Glad to meet you again.How is everything going?
你好,童先生,再次见到您很高兴,近来一切可好?
B:I m fine, thank you very much. What can I do for you?
很好,谢谢。有什么事需要帮助尽管说。
A:I ve been sent to discuss quality, quantity and other particulars of the goods with you.
公司此次派我来同您商谈商品的质量、数量和其他细节。
B:So, you must have received the samples and pattern books of our handembroidered silk products we sent last week.
那么贵公司一定收到了上周我方寄出的手绣丝绸产品的样品和图案册。
A:Yes, we studied them carefully after receipt.
不错,我们已经收到,并且进行了仔细研究。
B:Do you have any questions?
你方觉得有什么问题吗?
A:Oh yes. We find that the color and quality of your silk scarfs are satisfactory, but the quality and design of the silk handkerchiefs are not suitable. I m sorry to say that we don t like them at all.
是的。我们认为真丝围巾的颜色和质量令人满意,但真丝手帕的质量和图案并不好。很遗憾,我们一点都不喜欢。
B:As far as I know, there can t be any problem with the quality of our silk handkerchiefs. As you know, silks are one of China s traditional exports. They re highly reputed for their quality. In fact, they re selling well in European markets. As regards patterns, could you please tell me in detail?
据我所知,真丝手帕的质量不可能有任何问题。如您所知,丝绸是中国传统出口商品之一,以其质量上乘而闻名。事实上,它们在欧洲市场十分畅销,关于图案设计,您是否可以讲得详细点儿?
A:The patterns with animals are not popular with Americans and I m afraid that they may not be salable.
美国人不太喜欢带有动物的图案,所以我担心印有这种图案的商品不好销。
B:Really? Are you joking? Anyway, it s easy to solve that problem. Here are our latest designs. You can choose what you like.
真的吗?你在开玩笑吧?不管怎样,这个问题容易解决。这儿有一些最新的设计,你可以选择你所喜欢的。
A:These designs are so lovely that they ll appeal to the most selective consumers. I d like to order two of them: Silk Handkerchief No.10: 4000 dozens; No. 12: 2000 dozens.
这些图案真是可爱极了,我想即使是最挑剔的消费者也会喜欢这种图案。我想选其中的两种图案:真丝手帕,货号10:4000打;货号12:2000打。
B:I m glad that you add your order.
很高兴您增加了订货。
Contract Terms合同条款
discuss/talk about the contract 讨论合同问题
We re looking forward to discussing a contract with you.
我们期待着和您讨论合同。
We d like to discuss an agency contract with you.
我们想和您讨论代理商合同。
I d like to talk about an exclusive agency contract.
我想谈谈独家代理商合同。
When can we meet to discuss the contract?
我们何时可以见个面讨论合同?
Let s talk about the contract.
让我们来谈谈合同。
Our current contract is about to expire, and we ll need to discuss a new contract.
我们现在的合同快到期了,需要再谈一个新的合同。
a draft of the contract 合同草案
Shall we draw up a draft of the contract?
我们要不要草拟一份合同草案?
We ll prepare a draft of the contract.
我们会准备一份合同草案。
We ll send you a draft of the contract in the mail.
我们会寄给您一份合同草案。
After the draft of the contract is completed, we can work out any minor problems.
合同草案完成后,我们就可以解决其他较小的问题了。
Have you seen the draft of the contract?
您看过合同草案了吗?
We ve received the draft of the contract.
我们已经收到了合同草稿。
Please examine the draft of the contract as quickly as you can.
请您尽快审查一下合同草案。
We ve made a draft of the contract according to what we have discussed. Please go through the contract to see if there s anything that should be revised/modified/rewritten.
根据我们谈判的结果我们起草了一份合同。请审阅一下,看看有没有需要修改的地方。
I have to point out that the prices of the last two items/several items/last 3items in the draft of the contract are still on the high side.
我不得不指出在草拟合同中的最后两项/几项/最后三项的定价仍然偏高。
I studied the draft of the contract and I had like to bring up two/following/several points.
我研究了草拟合同,我想提出两点/下列/几点意见。
I have gone through the draft of the contract you gave me yesterday. The only objection I have is that the agreement should run for an initial period of five years instead of four.
我已经详细阅读了你昨天给我的合约草案。唯一的不同意见是我认为合约应有五年的试行期,而不是四年。
I ve studied the draft of the contract you sent me. It s a good starting point, but no more than that.
我已仔细研究了你给我的合同草案。这是个好的开端,但仅此而已。
May I call your attention to Clause 4of the draft of the contract?
可以请你注意一下合同草案的第4条吗?
Could you explain what the last sentence on page four of the draft of the contract means? It doesn t seem to make sense.
你能解释一下合同草案第四页最后一句话是什么意思吗?它似乎没有什么意义。
We have made a close study of the draft of the contract already.
我们已经对合同草案进行了仔细的研究。
Your draft of the contract says that the payment is to be made on D/P basis. This is not our practice. We prefer to have the payment made by an L/C through an accepting bank in France.
你方合同草案规定使用付款交单方式付款。这不符合我方惯例。我们更愿意使用通过法国银行承兑的信用证付款方式。
We should draw up a draft of the contract for our signature.
我们应该起草一份合同供双方签署。
discuss/talk about... 讨论(合同的各要素)
Let s discuss the warranty.
让我们来讨论担保的事。
The first point we should discuss is how we pay for the publicity expenses.
我们该讨论的第一点是如何付宣传费。
We d like to discuss the details of the contract.
我们想讨论合同的各项细目。
We d like to discuss the terms of payment in more detail.
我们想更详细地讨论付款条件。
We d like to talk about the warranty a little more.
我们想多谈谈有关担保的事。
We d like to talk in more detail about the procedure for starting sales.
我们想更详细地谈谈开卖的程序。
how long... 订多久
How long will the contract last?
合同要订多久?
How long shall we make the contract for?
我们要订多久的合约?
valid for... 有效期
This contract is valid for three years.
这份合同有效期为三年。
Would you like to have any specific period that the contract to be valid for?
你们希望确定合同的具体有效期吗?
be renewed 重订(合同)
If everything is satisfactory, the contract could be renewed and extended two years.
如果事事都令人满意,合同可以重订,而且延长两年。
If both sides agree, the contract can be renewed annually.
如果双方同意,合同可以每年重订一次。
change/revise/modify... 变更(合同内容)
Is it possible to change the details of the contract after it s made?
可不可能在合同订立后更改细节?
The details of the contract can be changed only when both partners agree to the change.
合同的细节,只有在双方同意更改之下才能修改。
I think the shipment clause should be modified.
我觉得装运条款应该修改一下。
We will revise the draft contract/schedule/plan.
我们将修订草拟合同/日程安排/计划。
cancel/annul the contract 撤销/废止合同
Is it possible to cancel the contract while it s in effect?
合同可否在生效期内被取消?
The buyer has the option of canceling the contract.
买主有权撤销合同。
In case one party fails to carry out the contract, the other party is entitled to cancel the contract.
如果一方不执行合同,另一方有权撤销合同。
You cannot cancel the contract without first securing our agreement.
如果没有事先征得我们的同意,你们不能取消合同。
make/sign a contract 签约
Let s make a contract as soon as possible.
让我们尽快订合同。
We d like to make a threeyear contract.
我们想订三年的合同。
We expect to make a formal contract early next month.
我们希望下个月初正式签约。
Do you always make a contract for every deal?
每笔交易都需要订一份合同吗?
Would you mind if we make this a 3year contract?
我们签订一个有效期为三年的合同好吗?
I ve come to make a contract with you for the business under discussion.
我是来和你就讨论中的那笔买卖签订合同的。
No party who has signed a contract has the right to break it.
签署合同的任何一方都无权撕毁合同。
When can we sign a contract?
我们何时可以签约?
go over the contract 仔细检查合同
We ll go over the contract in Beijing.
我们会在北京检查一次这份合同。
Let s go over the contract and see if everything is all right.
让我们仔细检查一下合同,看看是否一切都没问题。
Shall we go over the terms and conditions of the contract to see if we agree on all the particulars?
仔细检查一下合同条款好吗?看看我们是否对所有的事项都达成了共识?
Last night, we went over the draft contract, and now, we have a few more questions to be discussed.
昨天晚上我们对合同草案进行了研究,现在有几个问题要讨论一下。
countersign the contract 会签合同
Enclosed is our countersigned Sales Contract No. 147.
随信附上我方已会签的第147号销售合同。
We have duly countersigned the contract and are returning one copy for your file.
我们已及时会签了合同,现寄出一份供你方存档。
When the sales contract has been signed by the seller, it will be countersigned by the buyer.
销售合同经卖方签署后,还须买方会签。
The buyers are required to sign and return a countersigned of the sales confirmation immediately after receipt of the same. Objections, if any, should be raised by the buyers within five days after receipt of the sales confirmation, in the absence of which it is understood that the buyers have accepted the terms and conditions of the sales confirmation.
买方收到销售确认书后应立即会签一份并寄回;如果买方对销售确认书有异议应于收到后五天内提出,否则认为买方已同意合同条款。
terminate the contract 终止合同
What should we do if either one of us desires to terminate the contract?
如果我们当中任何一方想终止合同的话,我们应该怎么办?
During the one year trial period,it can be to terminate the contract with only onemonth s prior notice.
在一年的试行期内,只要提前一个月通知就可以终止合同。
The main sticking point seems to terminate the contract.
谈判中最难以达成共识的问题好像是合同的终止。
the terms of the contract 合同条款
We have reached an agreement on the terms of the contract in general and we are going to prepare the contract according to what we have agreed upon. But to ensure that no mistakes are made, shall we repeat all the terms we have discussed?
我们已大体上谈妥了合同条款。我们将根据我们谈妥的内容准备合同。但是为了避免出现差错,我们重复一遍已谈妥的条款好吗?
Before we sign the contract, let s check the terms and conditions of the contract once more so as to avoid any disputes over some minor details in the future.
在我们正式签署合同之前,让我们再来核对一下有关条款,以免日后对一些不重要的细节问题发生争议。
Please check all the terms of the contract and see if there is anything not in conformity with the terms we agreed on.
请您检查一下合同的所有条款,看看是否与我们达成的条款有不相符的地方。
I m glad that we ve agreed on the terms of the contract after repeated negotiations.
我很高兴经过反复磋商我们就合同条款取得了一致意见。
Please see to it that the stipulations in the relevant credit are strictly in accordance with the terms of the contract.
请注意有关信用证的条款应与合同条款严格一致。
May I refer you to Article 5of the General Terms and Conditions of the contract?
请您看看合同一般条款的第5条好吗?
We always carry out the terms of the contract to the letter and stand by what we say.
我们一贯坚持重合同、守信用的原则。
We think all the terms of the contract should meet with common agreement.
我们认为对所有的合同条款都应该达成一致。
I suggest for consideration the following terms and conditions of the contract as the basis for a formal agreement.
我建议将下列条款作为正式协议的基础。
prepare/draft/draw up the contract 起草合同
We ll prepare the contract according to the results of our discussion. To avoid any possible mistakes, may I repeat what we have agreed upon?
我们将根据谈判的结果起草合同。为了避免可能出错,我是否可以重复一下我们已经达成协议的条款?
We have prepared the contract putting here. Please take a look at it before you sign.
这是我们起草的合同。签字前请看一下。
I ll prepare the contract right away.
我会马上准备合同。
We drafted the sales contract according to the results of our negotiation. Please have a look at the contract to see if there s anything missing.
这是我们根据谈判结果起草的销售合同。请过目,看看有没有遗漏的地方。
We should draw up a contract for our signature.
我们应该起草一份合同供双方签署。
come into effect/force 合同生效
The contract comes into effect today, so you can t go back on your words now.
合同已于今日生效,你们不能反悔了。
This contract will come into force as soon as it is signed by two parties.
合同一经双方签字立即生效。
The contract will come into force from the date of execution.
合同自执行之日起生效。
follow/hold to/execute/honor/abide by the cantact 遵守合同
We ll surely follow the stipulation of the contract.
我们将严格遵守合同的规定。
We have to hold you to the contract.
我们不得不要求你们按合同办事。
We hope you will take your commercial reputation into account and execute the contract.
我们希望你方珍惜自己的商业信誉,履行合同。
We must honor the contract and keep our words.
我们应当遵守合同,恪守诺言。
It will be helpful for both parties to abide by the contract and keep good faith, for any nonperformance of contract may rise to disputes and claims.
这样做有助于双方遵守合同,保持信誉,因为任何违约行为都会引起争端和索赔。
bring.../come to a successful conclusion 取得成功
Let s congratulate ourselves on having brought this transaction to a successful conclusion.
祝贺我们的交易圆满取得成功。
I m glad that our negotiation has come to a successful conclusion.
我很高兴我们的谈判取得了成功。
A:We ve negotiated about the agreement for seven days. I hope we can sign it today.
我们已经就这份协议谈了7天,我希望我们今天能签字。
B:Mr. Harrison, I am sorry to say we are still not satisfied with Item 4in your proposed agreement and I hope we can spend some time on it and see what we can do for our mutual benefits.
哈里森先生,很对不起,我们对你们协议草案中的第四款仍然不满意,我希望我们可以就此花些时间,看看能不能为我们双方的利益合理安排。
A:Let me see. Yes, here, ah, “The quality of the equipment supplied under this agreement shall be guaranteed for a period of two years from the date after the completion of the installation of the equipment including the trial run of the equipment thus installed.” Yes, what is your opinion on it?
让我看看。对了,在这里,“根据本协议所提供的设备将得到两年的质量保证,保证期限从设备安装完成之日算起,设备安装后的试运行阶段包括在内。”对此您有什么意见?
B:According to Item 4the quality of the equipment you will lease us will only be guaranteed for two years, which we think is too short.
根据第四款,你方将对租赁给我方的设备提供两年的质量保证,我方认为这太短了。
A:Mr. Lu, I hope you understand that this proposed agreement is based on our letter of intent signed last year when I came to China for this project.
陆先生,我希望你能够理解,这个协议草案的根据是我去年来中国谈这个项目时我们所签署的意向书。
B:Yes, that s why I think you did not fully accept our proposal of last year. We talked about the guarantee period and we agreed that we would further discuss the period, but now you still insist on two years.
不错,这也就是为什么我认为你们没有完全接受我们去年的建议。我们曾谈到过保证期,而且我们曾同意将进一步讨论这个期限,可是你们仍然坚持两年。
A:I am sorry, Mr. Lu. I don t mean that I want to insist on that. The manufacturer is unwilling to give us a guarantee period of more than two years. If that is the case, how can we provide a guarantee longer than the manufacturer?
对不起,陆先生,并不是我要坚持,而是制造商不愿意给我们提供两年以上的保证期。这样的话,我们怎能提供比制造商承诺的时间更长的保证期呢?
B:But is there anything you can do? For example, can you further negotiate with your manufacturer?
可是你们就不能想点办法吗?比方说,你们能不能进一步和制造商谈判?
A:Well, I can try, but I can t guarantee anything, as in the United States, it is our usual practice to provide our customers with a guarantee of quality for two years.
我可以试试,但是我没有把握,因为在美国我们通常的做法是给客户提供两年的质量保证期。
B:Mr. Harrison, we ve been quite happy about our cooperation for the past years, But this time, I feel...
哈里森先生,我们过去的合作是非常愉快的,但这次我感到……
A:Excuse me, Mr. Lu. It could be hard for us to provide a longer guarantee, but I can give you a favored maintenance service after the guarantee period.
对不起,陆先生,要我们提供更长的保证期很难,不过,超过保证期后,我可以给你们优惠的维修服务。
B:Well, that sounds a good compromise.
看来这是个折中的好办法。
A:We will charge you only 80% of the regular service charge for the maintenance service after the guarantee period. What do you think?
超过保证期限之后,我们只收取你们80%的常规维修费。你认为如何?
B:A good idea.
好主意。
A:So, I ll put the suggestion into the agreement as a supplementary item for your signature.
那我就把这一条作为补充条款加到协议中去,请您签字,行吗?
B:Yes, we have made it.
好的,我们达成协议了。
A:Can we sign the agreement tomorrow?
我们能不能明天签署协议呢?
B:OK. Let s sign it tomorrow.
行,我们明天签吧。